People with acne should balance their total calorie uptake and restrict refined carbohydrates, milk, dairy protein supplements, saturated fats, and trans-fats. Hormones, antibiotics and saturated fat contained in meat (non-organic) and dairy products (curd, milk, cheese, cottage cheese, butter) may contribute to hormonal imbalance which impacts the skin. Replace meat with organic grass fed lean beef, chicken or turkey.
A paleolithic-like diet enriched in vegetables (especially brassica family (e,g cauliflower, broccoli, kale and bok choy) and deep sea fish (e.g salmon, tuna and sardines) are all good choices.
Research does not prove that diet causes acne, but rather influences it.
Juice for skin care:
- 1 carrot – rich in vitamin E
- ½ lemon - Vitamin C, excellent for the liver
- ½ cup of kale - belongs to brassica family/ rich in fibre & antioxidants
- 1 beetroot - Purifies blood, good for the liver
- 1,5 cm ginger – reduces inflammation (pustules)
Simply place all ingredients into your juicer and serve chilled. Try to avoid juicing a lot of fruit because of its high sugar content. Sugar is a skin “anti-nutrient”, it exacerbates skin break-outs by negatively influencing hormones and skin immunity.